Full-Time Electrical Engineer
Job description: Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of control system design for the operation and functionality of industrial press feeding equipment. This position includes control system design, control software programming, documentation and development.
- Control system design for new product development of industrial equipment.
- Creation and modification of PLC programming, using ladder logic, function block, and structured text.
- Graphical user interface design, programming and implementation.
- Software debugging of prototype and production units.
- Creation of drawings using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor.
- Creation of BOM’s using INFOR business system.
- Assist with creation of instruction and operating manuals.
- Trouble shooting of assembly floor and customer start-up problems.
- 5+ years of experience working with electrical engineering and controls.
- Knowledge of NEC, UL, CSA, & CE standards.
- Proficiency with AB Compact Logix Controllers (with motion control), Studio 5000, RS Logix 500, Factory Talk View Studio.
- Familiar with AC variable frequency drives (Up to 15Hp) and fractional HP DC drives.
- Familiar with 120V single phase motors and 230/460V three phase motors.
- Familiar with safety relays, E-stops and sensors (Limit, Proximity, IR, Laser).
- Ethernet, Modbus, RS485 communication.
- Other PLC’s used: Koyo, Klick, Panasonic
- 24VDC Control Circuits