Full-Time Industrial Engineer II
We are (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
• Seek out, coordinate, and manage initiatives to increase productivity, performance, and profitability for both products and processes. Respond to input from area managers and supervisor to implement significant improvements within the Value Stream.
• Optimize production resources for increased capacity and throughput, reduced cycle time, and reduced defects.
• Assist/Lead in equipment and production floor layout activities to promote an efficient flow of product and minimize production lead times through various assembly operations. This may include cell layout activities.
• Support production by resolving logistical and product flow issues.
• Support new product introductions by ensuring factory flow is conducive to the successful production of a product and assist Manufacturing Engineering with production implementation.
• Evaluate capacity requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment to support manufacturing operations.
• Quantitatively manage efficiency and manufacturing readiness.
• Prepare and deliver analytical and business results to management of operations, manufacturing, and engineering functions.
• Coordinate closely with manufacturing personnel, Engineering, Production Planning and Scheduling, Finance and other disciplines, as required.
• Assist in the monitoring of daily production activities and recommends/implements product and/or process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations.
• Assist in Lean Initiatives or Kaizen events to enhance product and process efficiency as required.
• Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement methodologies including lean manufacturing, root cause problem solving, value stream mapping to improve production efficiencies and key performance metrics.
• May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
• May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the review of others’ work product.
• Occasional travel as needed, up to 10%
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field (Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering) OR an Associate’s degree with 4+ years of experience OR a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering
• Two (2)+ years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer within a manufacturing environment
• Two (2)+ years’ experience implementing Industrial engineering principles including cell layout, improving product flow, and evaluating and improving processes
• Two (2)+ years’ experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point, Access)
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license)
• Green Belt/Lean Six Sigma certified
• Experience with Autocad or other software used for tooling design, factory layout, etc
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Lean techniques and principles
• Experience with calculating time standards (using MOST or other techniques) and observing manufacturing time standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Focused on operations and manufacturing engineering
• Aerospace or Defense Experience a plus
• Electro-Mechanical product experience
• Experience with financial savings calculations associated with capital equipment acquisition.
• Experience with tooling or fixture design
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.