Full-Time Life Sciences Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE)
Life Sciences Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE)
Thank you for your interest in Project Support Services Inc. Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking Life Sciences Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE). The candidates must be able to successfully complete a background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
Our client is located in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina, offering architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, landscape architecture/planning and interior design services. This organization has focused its professional design services in life sciences plus corporate offices, research laboratories and facilities for advanced technology companies; higher education and institutional projects such as airports, criminal justice facilities and data centers. The majority of their projects have been concentrated in North Carolina; however, they also provide design and consulting services throughout the world.
This company has developed a strong portfolio of MEP (Mechanical, Engineering, Plumbing) engineering-intensive projects and are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer who is a licensed engineer, proficient with Revit, and has good communication skills with the ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary environment.
Operations & Technical Responsibilities:
- Be active and visible in business and civic networking/organizations.
- Maintain professional licensing status and appropriate professional organization memberships.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project procedures to ensure delivery of quality Mechanical Engineering services, designs, and documents.
- Ability to develop new competencies to support target markets.
- Be active in upgrading existing Mechanical Engineering quality control methods and developing new controls as needed.
- Effectively apply current technology to achieve consistent and efficient production of high-quality projects.
- Cooperatively coordinate work and project requirements with Project Managers and other discipline leaders.
- Assist the firm in responding to new business opportunities and prepare proposals for Mechanical Engineering scope of services.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering staff to determine and schedule personnel requirements for projects and projected workload, maintaining balance between staff and forecasted workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience as a licensed professional engineer with specific design experience in engineering related to life sciences, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs/manufacturing.
- Desire and aptitude for leadership in areas of mechanical engineering, communications, professional approach, and project management.
- Thorough expertise in the field of mechanical engineering including HVAC/plumbing/piping design, fire protection design and working knowledge of allied design disciplines.
After submitting your resume, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your resume. A Project Support Services Inc. representative will contact you if we determine your unique qualifications, skills, and experience are a match for our job needs. This process may take a few weeks, which we hope you will understand.