Full-Time Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES is seeking a highly motivated Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer that will be responsible for supporting Operations in a fast-paced work environment and providing engineering guidance on design solutions that will help meet our customer needs.
Typical responsibilities include creating and maintaining process documentation, inspecting and assessing defective hardware, maintaining production fixtures and tools, optimizing production flow to meet program deliverables, and supporting the production function on technical issues that arise. This position is located in Lansdale, PA and supports our Antenna Products value stream.
• Supports the Machine Shop in the Shared Services value stream by providing manufacturing support to various machined parts and assemblies.
• Establishes and maintains production routings and detailed assembly work instructions.
• Supports production by resolving technical issues with engineering. Support the sustainability of machined products.
• Focus on Design for Manufacturing to ensure that parts are manufacturable in an efficient manner by interfacing with both machinists and engineers throughout the design process.
• Support new product introductions thru engineering design reviews and production implementation.
• Assists in the monitoring of daily production activities and recommends/implements product and/or process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations.
• Evaluates capacity requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment to support manufacturing operations.
• Assists/Leads in equipment and production floor layout activities to promote an efficient flow of product and minimize production lead times through various assembly operations.
• Assists in capital equipment requirements forecasting, develops ROI analysis reports, prepares capital equipment requests, and documents/maintains equipment operating procedures.
• Practices continuous improvement methodologies including lean manufacturing, root cause problem solving, value stream mapping, etc. to improve production efficiencies and key performance metrics.
• Occasional travel as needed, up to 10%.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Two (2) + years’ experience as a Engineer within a manufacturing environment
• One (1)+ years’ experience working and/or education in a machine shop environment
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree preferred
• Experience with SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD
• Two (2)+ years’ experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with tooling and fixture design
• Focused on operations and manufacturing engineering
• Aerospace or Defense Experience
• Electro-Mechanical product experience
• Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques and principles
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.