Full-Time Manufacturing Engineering Manager
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Execute strategic business goals while collaborating with all departments in order to meet customer and program commitments; drive the manufacturability of new and redesigned products in the concept phase; provide support for prototype builds of the company’s electronic filters, modules, subsystems and systems for new and existing products; evaluate final results of design and test to assure accomplishment of technical objectives; ensure the proper documentation to the appropriate functional areas; provide training use continuous improvement methods and techniques; communicate consistently with Director, Manufacturing and Process Engineering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
• Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach, inspire, and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity and performance; invest in employee’s welfare through interaction, social events and education growth.
• Collaborate with Program Management activities, such as quotes, proposals, business meetings; participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
• Collaborate with management and employees on innovative concepts to promote creativity; consistently work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business, including thorough assessment of intangible variables, identifying and evaluating fundamental issues and providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
• Collaborate with Program Management to create, foster and educate cross-functional teams for each new product or redesigned product, including design engineers, manufacturing engineers, materials, quality, and area managers; to focus on manufacturability in the design concept phase.
• Maintain a Producibility Log to capture lessons learn.
• Collaborate with Program Management to assess and evaluate all dormant products for production readiness.
• Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPIs, for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
• Investigate causes of manufacturing and/or process issues to recommend necessary steps to correct or improve those challenges;
• Manage NPI requirements for all design and transfer to production gate reviews.
• Partner in Program Management meetings and activities, as appropriate.
• Write rework instructions for required units and makes recommendations for future requirements.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within the work area.
• Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for their area; utilize Company Lean champions as appropriate for significant lean events.
• Participate in Lean/Six Sigma events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
• Works in a leadership capacity, positively influencing employees across all functional areas to drive manufacturability in the design of new and redesigned products to achieve Design for X targets.
• General working knowledge of all functional areas within the company affected by new product development.
• Bachelor Degree required.
• 8+ years of related experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 3+ years of people management experience.
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Experience in designing for military environment.
• Experience with launching New Product Introduction (NPI) within a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
• Ability to identify potential problems in product due to poor design or process application.
• Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization;
• Communication skills: ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively, present information and respond to questions from group of clients, customers, and management at all levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
• Reasoning skills: ability to foresee and/or define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and/or concrete variables;
• Math skills: ability to understand mathematical operations such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis or variance, correlation techniques; ability to apply intermediate level algebra and geometry mathematical concepts;
• Computer skills: ability to utilize a secured networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface; using Microsoft office suite, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook at an intermediate level; ability to use at proficient level Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and Program Life Management systems such as Agile;
• Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong multi-year planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints;
• Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.