Full-Time Manufacturing Project Engineer
Western Machine Works is hiring for a Manufacturing Project Engineer to work in our Portland Oregon location. You will be helping us manage multiple projects, inspecting and evaluating industrial repairs and upgrades needed for clients in pulp & paper, wind power, hydroelectric power, steel, plastics, marine & shipbuilding, wood processing, thermal, construction, and other heavy industries.
You will be working directly with our VP of Engineering, in collaboration with our sales engineers, design engineers, and technicians to meet customers’ production schedule and other critical parameters. This is a full-time position in our Portland, Oregon shop. We offer a premium comprehensive benefits package and a great working environment.
- Base salary range: $75,000 – $95,000 / annually
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Program ( up to 5% match)
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Actively manage all aspects of multiple projects at once including: cost estimating, writing detailed work instructions, work scheduling and project cost analysis.
- Interface directly with customers, shop personnel, sales and marketing personnel, purchasing agent, and others.
- Inspection and evaluation of heavy industrial equipment to determine required repairs and upgrades.
- Understanding of stress analysis calculations, machine shop design, and manufacturing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related) from an accredited 4-year college.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a related engineering field.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Work on site in Portland, Oregon daily. Remote working is not an option.
- Knowledge of machining practices.
- Knowledge of paper and pulp equipment desirable.
- Hands-on machining/fabrication experience a big plus.
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Must have min. 2 years of related engineering experience (not applicable to interns or students). Must reside in the Portland metro area or willing to relocate (US residents only); and must be a graduate of a BS Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited 4-year college.
ABOUT WESTERN MACHINE WORKS LLC:
Based in Portland Oregon, Western Machine Works has been providing equipment repair, manufacturing, and engineering services to the Western United States and Canada since 1985. Western Machine Works helps companies improve production efficiency by providing engineering and precision machine shop services that are specialized in the design and repair of precision components.
Our team of engineers, technicians, and project managers are skilled at what they do and are great people to work with. Western Machine Works is well respected in the industry for doing quality honest work. We treat our employees as well as we treat our customers.