Please login/register to apply for this job.
6 Jul 2021
Full-Time Mechanical Department Manager
Our client is an engineering consulting firm, with several offices across the United States, offering expertise in the fields of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering design.
Promote and assure quality on all mechanical projects and work performed by the Mechanical Department. This will include assigning department personnel to project teams, assisting in or leading in the development of fee and scope proposals, and determining labor, resource, and financial needs of the Mechanical Department.
- Provide leadership to the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Help grow the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Lead teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
- Provide oversight of mechanical engineering projects
- Provide specification and design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for architectural projects within defined budgets
- Maintain and foster relationships with clients
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-Accredited University
- 15+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
- Experience in the design of HVAC systems, including VRF system design, hydronic piping systems, central plants, building automation, medical gas, plumbing, and fire protection systems for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction
- Energy Modeling experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using Bluebeam
- Focused experience in: Client Satisfaction, Quality, Financial Accountability, Leading and managing a technical staff, Managing architectural projects
Registered Mechanical Engineer in the state of Georgia
LEED AP accreditation