Full-Time Mechanical Engineer
We are passionate about automation. Are you?
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-starter whose expertise includes mechanical design and engineering of material handling, machine tending, and custom automation lines including special machines and tooling for the automotive, aerospace, and general industries. Someone who is passionate about bringing manufacturing back to America.
If you are a pro at complex machine design and engineered solutions including pneumatic & hydraulic actuators, motors & gearboxes, racks & pinions, and cams with associated sizing calculations – READ ON THIS MIGHT BE THE OPPORTUNITY YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
You will be working for a systems integrator and turnkey controls solutions provider proudly serving the industry since 1989. Buckle up and get ready to work in multiple industries on all kinds of applications. We’re in aerospace, alternative energy, food and beverage, rubber and plastics, automotive, material handling, error proofing, and pretty much anywhere automation is used.
What You will Be Doing:
- Automation cell and machine/tool design including concept, design, detail, layout, and full checking.
- Working closely with the project team and the customer to design the automation to meet the mutually agreed upon specifications while maintaining schedules and profitability. This includes providing necessary internal support for the assembly team and programmers.
- Facilities layout with 2D and 3D CAD modeling of automation systems
- Project management duties as appropriate
- Travel to customer site as needed (minimal)
- Meeting deadlines without compromising the integrity of the project or safety.
- Maintaining a professional and positive relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Participating in formal and informal design review meetings between electrical engineering, programmers and the assembly team, as required.
What We will Expect from You:
- 5 years or more experience in industrial automation design (this is a MUST – be prepared to tell us about your most recent projects)
- Experience with conveyor systems and product palletizing is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Experience conducting fieldwork/field check at customer sites
- Ability to direct mechanical designers, on-site, off-site, to complete project-related tasks
Why You’ll Like Working for Us:
- We care about your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent medical benefit plan with three choices of coverage. The company pays for your Long Term Disability coverage and provides options for Life and Short Term Disability. Paid holidays and paid time off is all part of the package. A traditional 401(k) with company match as well as a ROTH 401(k) is available.
- We value employee development. Our engineers are exposed to a variety of technical challenges and training and support are necessary for even the most experienced engineers. When certification is necessary for an assignment AMT foots the bill. We work hard to create career paths for our employees whether they aspire to management (our COO started with us as a new college grad) or prefer to stay hands-on (one of our proposal engineers was the fourth employee in the company).
- We believe that communication with the AMT Team is very important. Walk in our lobby and you’ll see photos of every single team member on our “people wall”. Managers conduct regular team meetings, we use Yammer, Teams, email, and whatever other tools we can to stay in touch with our team. We publish a monthly internal newsletter that highlights company news and introduces new employees to the rest of the company.