Full-Time Principal Mechanical Engineer
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity, and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for highly motivated Principal Mechanical Engineer with applied, hand-on laboratory experience, to lead the design, development, and fabrication of next-generation pressure sensors with the MKS Pressure and Flow Measurement and Control business unit. As a successful Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will apply advanced mechanical engineering principles, theories, and concepts to meet program and business unit strategic goals.
This role offers a hybrid work option for days remote and onsite.
What you will do:
- Lead development of new pressure sensors from concept, through validation and qualification
- Create and review precision mechanical designs; perform dimensional analyses and tolerance studies
- Perform structural, thermal, and multi-physics modeling of designs; validate models through experimentation
- Develop test plans and execute or direct laboratory experiments to evaluate performance of new products
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations teams to develop and incorporate DFM best practices
- Work with Intellectual Property group to develop patent protection for new designs and technologies
What will you bring to the team, along with your creativity and enthusiastic teamwork and leadership, is:
- Bachelors’ degree, Mechanical Engineering, or similar scientific degree. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience developing innovative, precision mechanical sensors or regulated products. Knowledge in the area of vacuum and pressure measurements is ideal
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical engineering design experience within a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with 2D/3D CAD (Solidworks, ProE) and finite element analysis (ANSYS, COMSOL etc.) software to support mechanical, thermal, and structural analysis
- Capability to develop goals and accomplish them working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technical support personnel
- Knowledge of vacuum technology, with an understanding of the outgassing, conductance, pumping speed, RGA interpretation and gauging; familiarity with SEMI, AVS and related standards will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are unable to sponsor work visas for this role.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, this position require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for this position need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.