Full-Time Production Manager
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
- Works under production management to oversee production test. Includes participating in staff selection, performance management (including evaluation and discipline), coaching, training and employee development, and ensuring compliance to legal and company requirements.
- Coordinates training, develops and inspires line leaders to develop high performance teams with the skills needed to conduct effective performance dialogues and RCPS.
- Works closely with the Value Stream Planner to ensure production schedule is met, making adjustments in work flow as needed.
- Monitors KPIs boards and reacts to metrics and action item lists. Facilitates RCPS discussions to identify processes to improve KPI metrics. Solicits assistance from support functions as needed or escalates issues that cannot be resolved at the line level.
- Conducts process confirmations to ensure standard work processes are being followed. Identifies and addresses non-compliance and lowered productivity, driving continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensures 5S practices are adhered to and sustained within work area.
- Ensures all operational processes are carried out in accordance with quality systems and procedures.
- Supports quotes with estimated times to completion data (EACs) for new products; participates in engineering and production transfer meetings.
- Communicates with others across the organization to gain information and support, escalate issues, receive feedback and suggestions, and provide updates and information. Acts as liaison between downstream team and other departments.
- Ensures that Safety, Health and Environmental compliance is included as part of everyday activities.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- 5 years of project management or leadership role within manufacturing operations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
- RF Engineering backgound.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook.
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP.
- Experience with presenting information and responding to questions from group of clients, customers, the general public and management at all levels.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.