Full-Time Quality Engineer II
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
We are seeking a Senior Industrial Quality Engineer for our Colorado Springs CO location. This role performs a wide variety of professional Quality Assurance (QA) engineering technical work which requires extensive application of Quality Assurance Engineering principles and concepts in support of the Cobham Semi-Conductor and Space Solutions (SCSS) QA functions.
30% failure investigation and root cause and corrective action, 40% involvement with understanding customer requirements for new/marketed product and flowing it down to different parts of the organization and satisfying the needs of the customer, 20% performing compliance work related to quality systems like AS9100, MIL-PRF-38535 and QML & interact with government agencies like DLA and be Cobham’s representative and 10% quality advocacy on supplier development.
Who We Want
• Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
• Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend robust solutions to prevent future issues.
• Effective communicators. People who can concisely communicate results, expectations, and recommendations to stakeholders, external suppliers, and their teams.
• Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to resolve quality issues, implement effective supplier and engineering changes, and drive continuous improvement.
We are expecting you to
• Establish effective interface with customers and their representatives. Participates in customer Program Reviews, discussions and presentation. Demonstrates capability to meet customer needs and assures customer that Quality interests are maintained. Resolves contract interpretations early into the Program.
• Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering.
• Provides direction, mentorship and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects
• Compiles data and makes recommendations for product or process design changes. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using six sigma principles
• Provide guidance to other engineers regarding applicable regulatory and statutory requirements and applicability of these requirements to Cobham SCSS products
• Plan and direct creation of quality standards, quality control, and quality assurance procedures, sampling plans, test methods, fixtures, and processes in compliance to QML/MIL-PRF-38535 for finished devices manufactured at Cobham Colorado Springs facility.
• Provide quality engineering support to analyze the returned product
• Own and manage internal and supplier driven non conformances (NCs) & Internal (NC) and CAPAs ensuring timely containment actions, corrections, root cause investigation
• Performs quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the quality program and prepares audit report
• Complies and evaluates test and measurement data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process and material specifications
• Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in Engineering role with experience in Quality or Manufacturing engineering
• 2+ years of experience working with Quality Management systems like ISO 9001/AS 9100
• 2+ years of hands on experience taking care of process capability analysis, GRR and process qualification
• 1+ years of experience with direct customer interface in process improvement projects and corrective and preventative actions
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
• 4 years’ experience in quality engineering, test, inspection, or manufacturing of sophisticated electronic or electromechanical products
• Experience working in a defense contractor, aerospace or the military
• Enjoys working hard and learning when opportunities arise
• Strong knowledge of Quality concepts (e.g. Risk Management, CAPA, Audits, Statistics)
• Knowledge of AS9100 quality management system
• Good command of excels, Minitab or JMP SW
• MS, CQE, or CRE preferred
• Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt Certification preferred
• Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office™ products – Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Project
Salary Range: $81,802-107,365
CAES provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Learn about Total Rewards and Benefits: www.cobhamrecruits.com (login: Recruit / password: benefits1)
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.