Full-Time Senior Product Engineer
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES is seeking a Senior Product Engineer to support RF Subsystems Manufacturing. In this position you will work in a highly motivated team environment to develop and manufactures advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense and government customers. You will also support the manufacturing and continuous improvement of microwave and RF subsystems. To meet our customers’ exacting requirements, the Manufacturing Electrical Engineering team plays a critical role in our success. This role is in San Jose, CA and relocation is available if required.
- Evaluate hands-on resolution of technical issues that affect product yield or throughput.
- Interface technically with suppliers, analyze field return failures, and apply root cause problem solving
- Drive continuous product improvement projects.
- Project lead new product introduction teams.
- Maintain daily communication with the production team and ensure all technical issues are being addressed.
- Participate in customer visits and teleconferences.
- Develop and maintain documentation.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years directly related Manufacturing Engineering experience with RF/microware circuits.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license)
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Specialized knowledge of microwave circuits, including amplifiers, filters, frequency multipliers, high power limiters, oscillators, switches, and mixers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with production processes such as lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement, and SPC.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.