Full-Time Sr. Mechanical Professional Engineer
The purpose of a Senior Professional Mechanical Engineer is to provide technical authority and direction as the Engineer of Record (EOR) for the development of mechanical engineering designs, studies and solutions and part of an integrated project team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible to oversee and direct the mechanical engineering of projects in accordance with engineering best practices, company standards and in compliance with the appropriate building codes.
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing and preparing project budgets, project execution plans, construction cost estimates and project schedules.
- Execute the mechanical engineering aspects of a project within the budget, schedule and quality as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Prepare engineering documents in the form of study reports, drawings and specifications that maybe stamped and signed as required.
- Professionally stamp Mechanical designs and studies and stamp Plumbing and Fire Protection designs.
- Oversee and prepare Addendums, Proposal Requests (PR) and Supplemental Instructions (SI) for projects.
- Provide mentoring and technical direction to Mechanical Engineers, Designers and BIM/CAD Technicians.
- Attend meetings with clients and prepare meeting notes as appropriate.
- Coordinate communications in relation to mechanical engineering with project team members, clients and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Coordinate design solutions with other technical disciplines within the integrated project team.
- Assist in quality assurance reviews for all project disciplines.
- Organize and attend site visits for the purposes of investigation, survey and record of existing conditions.
- Attends construction meetings with job site observations confirming compliance with project plans and specifications
- Other duties as assigned by Company Leadership.
- Attend in-house training sessions
- Uphold and promote the Bernhard brand by guaranteeing excellence in the execution of work and ensuring a positive client experience
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Baccalaureate Degree Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience post PE license.
- PE License in multiple states
- Required experience with large commercial projects.
- Required to be familiar with Plumbing and Fire Protection design.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of building codes in general and NFPA.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Referred experience with Healthcare projects.
- Preferred experience with Higher Education projects.
- Preferred experience with Central Energy Plant (CEP) mechanical infrastructure projects
Local and out of state travel shall be required on occasion depending on project need and location. The travel commitment is estimated to be around 10% of regular work schedule per month.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Shall require long periods of sitting or standing at a desk in front of a computer in the office environment.
- Shall require the ability to walk, climb and crawl on a project construction site on occasions.
- On occasions could be exposed to inclement weather